laser MIG welder

All topics related to mig welding, tig welding, spot welders, flame cutting, etc.
bLouChipBlacksmith
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: laser MIG welder

Post by bLouChipBlacksmith »

A few months ago I received an unsolicited dm through my sheetcam forum account, a sales rep from Upman Laser company, UK based. He apparently read my similar post there re. amazement of laser MIG technology. Anyway, we corresponded a few times, Q&A. They have a 1.5KW unit that he quoted me at $5,500 USD, + $1,000 shipping/import/etc. I seem to recall. Their specs don't mention that it runs on 240V 60hz 1ph, so upon inquiring, he said $65 to add that option. Otherwise, it seems legit. water cooled too. That price makes me think twice about this technology if I had a business doing any type of consistent job work using ss. Feature wise this unit seems similar to the IPG unit I demo'd in Dec. But then again, the whole 4 figure price, international business, high tech nature of the beast, import regs, blah, blah, blah situation makes me think more than twice about such a deal. Just putt'n this out there for someone maybe more adventurous than me.
https://upmanlaser.co.uk/a-series/
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: laser MIG welder

Post by Joe Jones »

Not to 'dis a company over there, but just know that PlasmaCam owners in Australia have a difficult time getting parts, and getting help with their tables and software, because PlasmaCam is USA based. I suspect that the same would be true of a laser welder from the UK.

Joe
Bitten by the laser bug.
Now my PlasmaCAM tables fight for attention!
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4 ? :roll:) w/20W, 40W and 2W-IR heads + accs
X-TOOL F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2)
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 and accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber laser
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D printer
Stratasys Fortus 400mc 3D Printer
Obscene Levels of Debt
No help.
FREE DesignEdge Training Via ZOOM!

Return to “Mig Welders, Tig Welders, Spot Welders”