hypertherm 260a hidefinition w/ microstep machine

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
hankthetank
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm 260a hidefinition w/ microstep machine

Post by hankthetank »

yo guys

At work I got this Microstep plasma/oxyfuel cutting table with a Hypertherm power supply that runs up to 260A.

However. When I unscrew the head from the machine I feel like way too much coolant is coming out. Sometimes it only drips for a couple seconds, but sometimes I notice it can go up to a couple minutes before it stops. I've noticed small fires under the table occuring if I cut over the tool change position too. Isn't there any sort of mechanism to prevent that, or could you call it some sort of reminder to check your coolant level?
Btw it is a 45degree rotator head. And the thing that is more annoying than that is when I wanna use the Auto Tool Config where is turns the head into all these positions even more get pushed out.

Just wanted to ask somewhere where people may know the answer, instead of my boss who barely used the machine XD
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 260a hidefinition w/ microstep machine

Post by weldguy »

I am not familiar with your machine and have no idea but def curious to hear what the problem is. Hopefully one of the Hypertherm guys will chime in on this. Have you tried calling them?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”