New to plasma cutting

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
JCmj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New to plasma cutting

Post by JCmj »

Hi folks, I purchased a new cnc- plasma cutter last year, have had some difficulties getting it online and operational, but i am away with it now hopefully. I am a 2 man band, small fabrication shop in Townsville QLD Australia. My main income stream is structural steel fabrication for domestic commercial and rural areas.
I am trying to set up a spread sheet in excel for material take off and estimating the cost of plate production. Is there anything out there available for this.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New to plasma cutting

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many of your country men are members here, and help to get you going can be had from others too. What brand of table did you buy and what software are you using. If you use the search function in the upper right you can have a look around. There is a spread sheet that has been posted here with member contributing info about it too. Feel free to ask questions.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
JCmj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: New to plasma cutting

Post by JCmj »

Thanks for the reply, I have purchased a surefire CNC XT30 (3m x 1.5m) table with the Hypertherm Powermax 125. The cutting software is supposed to be Sure control Pro, but I have something similar NX-Plasma 5, had issues with the Sure CONTROL pro download which is still being looked at.
I do my own drawings with Turbocad 2020. Any big projects I sub -contract the drawing out to another company who uses Tekla.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”