Updating Software

Tracker CNC plasma table discussion forum
Xtreme metal
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Updating Software

Post by Xtreme metal »

I purchased my Nitro Tracker Table about 13-14 yrs ago. I have been very pleased with it. Lately I have had an issue with the computer software. It was showing that my ethernet port maybe bad. We checked it and it checked out ok. I decided to upgrade my computer. So I will be using Windows 11 now. My command and cut is Version 5.5.22 will it work ok with widows 11?
Tracker CNC Nitro
Hypertherm 85
Miller Matic 251
Miller Shop Mate 350
FEAR NOT!!!
Michael Garriott
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Updating Software

Post by weldguy »

Since your controller is ethernet based I see no reason why it would not work with Windows 11. You will need to configure your ethernet port to communicate with your controller which is pretty easy and Tracker will have the instructions to do so. My concern is that I suspect you are replacing the computer because of the failing ethernet connection however the problem may not be at the computer end, could be on the controller end. I would be inclined to find out which side is failing before replacing anything. Have you called their tech support about the connection issue?
Xtreme metal

Post by Xtreme metal »

Yes, I have spoken with Joe. And he was unable to get any signal to send from the computer side as well. I had a guy come by with an ethernet port tester. And both ports checked out ok. So i am leaning toward the computer side. Lucky I had a new laptop in the box that I was using at the time so I figured that would be a good place to start. Since my old computer was still running Windows 7
Tracker CNC Nitro
Hypertherm 85
Miller Matic 251
Miller Shop Mate 350
FEAR NOT!!!
Michael Garriott
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Ok, if you already have a new PC to try then that makes sense. I assume Tracker went over your port settings to confirm they were correct so trying the new PC would be my next move. Hopefully they sent you some instruction on configuring the port on your new PC.
Xtreme metal

Post by Xtreme metal »

Yea, Joe said to call if we ran into any problems getting it squared away. I do think I am going to go ahead and buy a new controller as well. It never hurts to have an extra laying around
Tracker CNC Nitro
Hypertherm 85
Miller Matic 251
Miller Shop Mate 350
FEAR NOT!!!
Michael Garriott
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Xtreme metal wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:32 pm I do think I am going to go ahead and buy a new controller as well. It never hurts to have an extra laying around
That's for sure, and after 13-14 years of service it really doesn't owe you anything I am sure.

Return to “Tracker CNC Forum”